How to Include kernel macros in a program and compile through GCC Options

karimas@kfupm.edu.sa karimas@kfupm.edu.sa
Mon Jan 21 10:36:00 GMT 2008

I want to use some kernel macros such as cpu_has_tsc and barrier() in
a program and want to compile it through gcc i.e. not as kernel
module. what parameters I have to pass to the gcc compilter while
doing so. Or there is any other way to do it.  Basically I want to
access some system parameters for some performance measurement.

Is it possible. If yes; can any one specify the steps.

Thanks in advance

Karim Asif