is there a way to turn off the "-fassociative-math disabled" warning?

Miles Bader miles.bader@necel.com
Sat Jan 12 03:02:00 GMT 2008

I use both "-ffast-math" and "-ftrapping-math" together, and for a while
gcc has been spitting the warning message:

   "warning: -fassociative-math disabled; other options take precedence"

For _every_ file I compile, and this is very annoying.

While I appreciated the warning the first time, I'd like to turn it off
now that I know about the issue.  I can do this by explicitly using the
"-fno-associative-math" option myself, but I _don't want_ to do this --
if a future release somehow makes figures out a way to make
associative-math optimizations work in this situation, I don't want to
be in the situation where I've disabled the optimization for no good
reason.

Does anybody know if there's some option that just turns off the
_warning_ without implying that I don't want associative math
optimizations?  One of the "-Wno-..." options I guess, but I didn't see
anything that would handle this case.

Thanks,

-Miles

A complete command-line is:

   g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I/usr/include/libpng12   -pthread -I/usr/local/include/OpenEXR     -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/lua5.1    -O5 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=native -mfpmath=sse -g -Wall -Wextra -std=c++98  -ftrapping-math -MT ellipse.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/ellipse.Tpo -c -o ellipse.o ellipse.cc

Gcc version is:

  g++ (Debian 4.3-20080104-1) 4.3.0 20080104 (experimental) [trunk revision 131316]

--
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.  -- Steven Wright