Mixing obejects Built on RHEL 3.0 and RHEL 4.0 using same gcc4.1.2

satyaakam goswami satyaakam@gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:32:00 GMT 2008

Hi,
      We are using gcc 4.1.2 remotely on our RHEL 3.0 OS to build our
current releases and plan to move our base OS to RHEL 4.0 on 2008. We
will
continue to use the same version of gcc 4.1.2 from the remote
location.  Since not all products will move at the same pace, can we
use the  object code built on RHEL 3.0 to link with the object code
build on  RHEL 4.0 (both built by gcc 4.1.2)? We have both C and C++
source code  and we will always do the link step on RHEL 4.0. Also we
use the libgcc_s.so.1, libstdc++.so.6, etc. from our own gcc 4.1.2
hierarchy at run-time.)

regards
Satya