Fixed-point operations

Cristea Bogdan cristeab@gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:48:00 GMT 2008

     I use an Athlon 64 double core processor under openSuSE 10.2 (gcc
4.2.2). The trouble is that implementing fixed point operations in C++
seems to be very slow with respect to floating-point operations. I
have hoped to find something faster.
    Ideally I would like to have a data type in C++ with all common
operations in order to do some research with chaotic maps.
Bogdan

--
Bogdan Cristea