gcj (gcc-4.3.0-RC-20080222): compiling for ARM-v4t-linux-gnueabi: error on compile

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 13:37:00 GMT 2008


Szymon Bereziak wrote:
> Hi, I need a gcj that compiles Java to native machine code for the
> arm-v4t architecture.
> 
> I built binutils and the compiler for C and C++ allready, and that works
> fine.
> 
> But once I try to compile the gcj, I get the following error:
> 
> i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcj -o ecjx -findirect-dispatch
> --main=org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.GCCMain
> ../.././libjava/../ecj.jar
> make[3]: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcj: Command not found
> make[3]: *** [ecjx] Error 127
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/bereziak/devel/abr/opt/OSELAS.Toolchain-1.1.0/arm-v4t-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.3.0-RC-20080222/arm-v4t-linux-gnueabi/libjava'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/bereziak/devel/abr/opt/OSELAS.Toolchain-1.1.0/arm-v4t-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.3.0-RC-20080222/arm-v4t-linux-gnueabi/libjava'
> make[1]: *** [all-target-libjava] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/bereziak/devel/abr/opt/OSELAS.Toolchain-1.1.0/arm-v4t-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.3.0-RC-20080222'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> 
> Compiling fails, because the compiler doesn not exist. Hmm, I configured
> without the --host= option, since I'm making an normal cross compiler,
> not a Canadian one. As far as I can tell, the gcj that should be used,
> is host-i686-pc-linux/gcc/gcj (in the directory of gcc, where I'm
> running 'make').
> 
> I can't really see, why make is using the compiler not from the explicit
> directory. Since I don't have specified a --host, it should take the un
> named one, as far as I understand this.
> 
> Could anyone give some help on this?

It's odd.  If you have gcj installed on your host machine, you should
have i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcj on your path somewhere.  On my x86_64 box
I have install/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcj.  Configure is using
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcj because it detected it, so I can't see why it
isn't found at build time.

If you could tell us the configure options you used and the output of
configure, that would help.

Andrew.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list