Building cross compiler for x86_64

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sat Feb 16 00:33:00 GMT 2008

"Frank W. Miller" wrote:

> I'm building 4.2.3 which was release on 2/1/08, 2 weeks ago.  Are you saying
> there a more recent version that has that in it?

Oh, right, I see how that would be confusing.  That patch was to the
trunk, and since it isn't a regression it probably will never be
backported to any branches so it won't be in any 4.2 release.  You can
try applying the change yourself to 4.2, you can try a 4.3 snapshot, or
abandon the idea of using the bare metal target and pick an existing
target that is just "close enough" to whatever kernel you're using.  It
seems rather hackish to me to build a e.g. linux targeted compiler if
the target isn't linux at all, but if it's just for doing purely
freestanding code I suppose it wouldn't be too wrong.

> How do I disable the building of the libs you are mentioning?

Each of those can be specified as e.g. --disable-libmudflap.

Brian