Building gcc-4.2.3

Bill McEnaney bill@rkirkpat.net
Thu Feb 7 17:43:00 GMT 2008

Thank you, Rup.  No, I haven't read the document that you've just
recommended.  Unfortunately, I'm so used to trouble-free gcc-builds that
I assumed everything would work properly if I did the usual steps.

I've set CONFIG_SHELL to "/bin/ksh", and I ran the configure script from
inside /bin/bash.  So I'll bet all will go well.  If it does go well,
the building will finish about fourteen hours from now.  Ooh, I feel
sorry for my poor ol' Sunblade 100.

Rupert Wood wrote:

> Bill McEnaney wrote:
>
> > ./gen-classlist.sh: test: unknown operator -ef
>
> This happens when you're trying to use /bin/sh's built-in test rather
than the one that's built into /bin/ksh or /bin/bash, or the separate
/usr/bin/test.

> Have you set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh as per
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html? You could also try running the
configure and make steps from inside /bin/bash.

> Good luck!
> Rup.

Please visit a saintly hero:
http://www.jakemoore.org