running library built in gcc 3.4 on another linux box with gcc 2.96

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 14:51:00 GMT 2008


Yi Pan wrote:

> I'm trying to run libraries that are built by gcc 3.4 on another linux
> box which only has 2.96.
> 
> Could you please let me know how to check which gcc3.4 libraries I
> need, so I can copy these gcc3.4 libraries to the gcc 2.96 linux box?

Use the command 'ldd'.

> OR it there a better way to do this?
> 
> The reason is because our client doesn't what to install the whole gcc
> 3.4 on their box--so I'm trying a find a way that we can deliver our
> library with a few gcc library files to them and they can run our
> libraries right away.

It would make much more sense simply to rebuild on the older gcc version.

Andrew.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list