Building cross compiler for x86_64

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sat Feb 16 00:00:00 GMT 2008


"Frank W. Miller" wrote:

> This gets me an error saying x86_64-elf is not a supported target.  I

I think you'll need to use a more recent version.  The support for bare
metal x86_64 wasn't added until r127798:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=rev&revision=127798>.  You could
probably just apply that patch to whatever version you're using.

> source tree and starting over).  I get this error somewhere down the
> line:
> 
> source='../.././libdecnumber/decimal128.c' object='decimal128.o'
> libtool=no gcc  -I../.././libdecnumber -I.  -g -O2 -W -Wall
> -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wcast-qual -pedantic
> -Wno-long-long  -I../.././libdecnumber -I.
> -c ../.././libdecnumber/decimal128.c
> rm -f libdecnumber.a
> ar cru libdecnumber.a decNumber.o decContext.o decUtility.o decimal32.o
> decimal64.o decimal128.o
> ranlib libdecnumber.a
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/fwmiller/Desktop/gcc-4.2.3/host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/libdecnumber'
> make[1]: Target `all-host' not remade because of errors.
> make[1]: Target `all-target' not remade because of errors.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fwmiller/Desktop/gcc-4.2.3'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

That's not the error per se.  The actual error was earlier in the
process, but because of -k it kept continuing to build things that
didn't depend on the makefile target that errored.  So the above doesn't
really say anything, other than that something went wrong earlier.

BTW you're definitely going to want to disable things like libmudflap,
libssp, libdecnumber, libgomp, etc. if any of them turn out to be
enabled by default.

Brian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list