Warning when passing int, but unsigned int is awaited?

Rene Perlberg Perle5000@gmx.de
Wed Feb 13 16:26:00 GMT 2008


-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:11:53 -0600
> Von: John Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com>
> An: Rene Perlberg <Perle5000@gmx.de>, MSX to GCC <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
> Betreff: Re: Warning when passing int, but unsigned int is awaited?

> Hi Rene,
> 
> > Is there any way to make the compiler write a warning or an error, when
> an int
> > is passed to a function which awaits an unsigned int? I tried some of
> the
> > options gcc gives the user, but nothing worked for me.
> 
> Try: -Wconversion

Hey Eljay, 

I forgot to tell, that I already tried some options, which are -Wall -Wextra -pedantic and also -Wconversion, but none of these worked for me.

Maybe it is intended by gcc not to give a warning, because it is c++ standard to make an implicite conversion?

Regards, PiJ.

-- 
GMX FreeMail: 1 GB Postfach, 5 E-Mail-Adressen, 10 Free SMS.
Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freemail



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list