Problem Executing Application Beginning at gcc Version 4.1.3

Marshall Lake mlake@mlake.net
Thu Feb 7 00:29:00 GMT 2008

I have an application which compiles cleanly (on i386 Linux using options
-g -O2 -pedantic -I../include -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`) and
executes cleanly using gcc versions 4.1.2 and earlier (I've tried 3.4.1,
4.0.2 & 4.1.2).

But starting with version 4.1.3 (I've tried 4.1.3 & 4.2.1) my application
compiles cleanly but does not execute properly.  I'm having a very
difficult time trying to pinpoint the exact cause.  The change in
execution is subtle but affects the same area of the application
everytime.

I've tried to locate a CHANGES file for 4.1.3 to no avail.  Can someone
point me to one?  That may give me some insight.

Also, I see on http://gcc.gnu.org/ that it indicates the latest version in
the 4.1.x series is 4.1.2.  Is that correct or in error?

Thanks for any help.

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake@mlake.net -- http://mlake.net