Building 64 bit compiler on Solaris AMD64

Scott L. Burson Scott@ergy.com
Thu Dec 18 19:42:00 GMT 2008


On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> Scott L. Burson wrote:
>> No, I don't mean that the build process only attempts to build 64-bit
>> libraries; I mean that even the libraries that the build process
>> intends to build as 32-bit get built as 64-bit also.
>
> I don't see how you managed that.  Unless your target defaults to 64-bit,
> this is impossible.

I forced -m64 to be passed everywhere (see my first post in the thread
for the details).  Wouldn't your suggestion (of making a gcc script
that called the real gcc with -m64) have had the same effect?  Oh...
maybe not, because the newly built compiler would have been used to
compile the libraries.

Anyway, I'm up and running now; I just built the default way (without
-m64), installed, then copied the lib directory from the resulting
install tree over the lib directory produced by the 64-bit build.

-- Scott



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list