how to find necessary library

Baurzhan Ismagulov ibr@radix50.net
Sat Dec 13 16:39:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 03:48:49PM +0100, Uwe Kiewel wrote:
> So, in short: I need to now which include/used function needs which
> library?. There is now way in the auto(tool chain) to find automatically
> the dependencies?

If you are interested in deploying on several platforms, or on an
open-source platform, or publishing the source of your program, you may
in addition find out that there are several independent packages
providing the same API. As Eljay said, the burden of finding out the
right libraries to link with still lies on you (but then, how did you
find out the right header to use?); after you know which headers and
libraries you need, you can automate the checking whether they are
usable and where they are located by using a tool like autoconf.

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/