How to suppress errors in g++

Brian McGrew brian@visionpro.com
Thu Dec 4 14:48:00 GMT 2008


The short answer is no!

If it's an error, that's a show stopper for gcc or g++.  Means no go, can't
continue, fix the code and try again!

A warning is more of just something the compiler wants to alert you about
that could be wrong, like the classic 'warning, comparison between signed
and unsigned integers'.

If you really, really need to make this kind of a conversion, try
static_cast, const_cast or reinterpret_cast.

-brian


On 12/4/08 6:44 AM, "Hani Ayoub" <hani.ayoub@live.com> wrote:

> 
> When I try to compile my code in g++ I get many of the following error:
> invalid conversion from `void*' to `<somthing>'.
> 
> My question is: How can I suppress this error?
> And, shouldn't this message be a Warning and not an Error?
> 
> Thanks!

-- 




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list