'-print-prog-name' does not work on Vista OS

Siddharth Sengupta Siddharth.Sengupta@kpitcummins.com
Thu Aug 28 02:21:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

> This is PR33281 (which was not a complete fix) and PR35916 (which
> concerned the remaining instances in libiberty not covered by the
> previous) which was finally fixed for 4.4.0.

Since PR33281 and PR35916 were fixed in GCC 4.4.0, we downloaded the
GCC-4.4-20080822 sources, and built a MinGW H8 toolchain using the
following sources:
1) Binutils-2.18.50
2) Newlib-1.16.0 and
3) GCC-4.4-20080822
Additional Information: MinGW versions used are same as mentioned
before i.e. mingw-runtime-3.12.tar.gz and w32api-3.9.tar.gz.

But even with this toolchain the problem still persists i.e. the
command "-print-prog-name=cc1" only echoes back "cc1". However the
same problem is now seen not only in Vista but in Windows XP too.
Could you please suggest where exactly we are going wrong?

Regards,
Siddhartha Sengupta