Force gcc to include builtin functions in the executable

Roland Kindermann iyo@gmx.de
Tue Aug 5 21:38:00 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have a program that uses four builtin functions: __alloca, ___main,
_memset and _strcpy. While __alloca is compiled directly into the
executable, the other three are used from a library. Is there a way to
make gcc compile ___main, _memset and strcpy also into the executable
such that it does not use any libraries anymore?

I already tried -nostdlib but that results in link errors.

For those who care: The reason why I want my executable independent from
any libraries is that I perform static analysis on it and my analysis
tool is not yet able to take additional libraries into account.

Cheers,
Roland