Understanding Predicate and Constrains

Omar gcc.omar@gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 22:15:00 GMT 2008

Jim,
 After further reading, the Internals document answered my question.
 I realized that CONST_OK_FOR_LETTER_P is under the "Obsolete Macros
for Defining Constraints" section, which states:
 "Machine-specific constraints can be defined with these macros
instead of the machine description
constructs described in Section 14.8.6 [Define Constraints], page 274.
This mechanism is obsolete. New ports should not use it..."

So, to answer myself: Yes, define_constraint definitions are used
instead of the CONST_OK_FOR_LETTER_P macro.

Thanks for your patience!
-Omar