Mixing libraries from different compilers

bkqdad bkqdad@yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 21:37:00 GMT 2008

I am using the 3.2.3 g++ compiler.  I recently received a library I need to
integrate which is using gcc 4.1.1. Is this allowed?  What issues might I
face?  Will it be stable?  Also, I need to integrate the same library into a
solaris executable.  We compile using forte 6.2, the library we received is
compiled with gcc 4.1.1 (on solaris).  Same questions.

Thanks for any/all help