Help required for building GCC

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sat Apr 5 02:38:00 GMT 2008


Ganesh Gopalasubramanian wrote:

> I am trying to build GCC 4.3.0 in cygwin environment.
> I configured using the following options --prefix=/usr/local/gcc430
> --program-prefix=HB- --enable-languages=c
> 
> Then I did "make". I am getting the following error. Please help me.
> 
> $ make
> [ -f stage_final ] || echo stage3 > stage_final
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ObjDir'
> -bubble'.  Stop.rule to make target `stage3
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ObjDir'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks like you are getting embedded carriage returns in the
stage_final file such that make thinks it's looking for a bogus rule
"stage3\r-bubble".  That could be a symptom of using textmode (DOS)
mounts which are evil and the source of countless bizarre errors.  If
you are using them you should should switch to binary (unix) mode and
start again from scratch.

Brian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list