gcc-4.3.0 : configure fails to find mpfr version

Anders Moe anders_moe@msn.com
Thu Apr 3 08:51:00 GMT 2008

Hi all

The configure scripts fails to recognise my mpfr 2.3.1 as a valid version
(2.3.0+) during configuration,  although I use the all the -with-mpfr
switches. I see that this has been reported elsewhere as well, seemingly
without receiving a proper solution.

The platform  in question is Solaris 10/x64.

checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
checking for correct version of mpfr.h... no
configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.0+.
Try the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their locations.
Copies of these libraries' source code can be found at their respective
hosting sites as well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.
See also http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info.
If you obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution package, make
sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header files.
They may be located in separate packages.

Regards,

Anders