avr-g++ and exception handling

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Sep 26 15:52:00 GMT 2007

Kövesdi György <kgy@deverto.hu> writes:

> When I try to use exceptions with avr-g++ (stupid idea?), I got the following
> message:
>
> section .bss [00001da0 -> 00002266] overlaps section .gcc_except_table
> [00001da0 -> 00001db4]
>
> After this, there are some unknown symbols (e.g. __cxa_begin_catch), but they
> can be due to the previous problem (the section is not linked in).

Looks like a problem with your linker script.  Somehow it is causing
the two sections to overlap.  Questions about linker scripts should be
directed to binutils@sourceware.org; see
http://sourceware.org/binutils/.

Missing __cxa_begin_catch is odd if you link with avr-g++.  It should
be provided by -lsupc++, which avr-g++ should automatically add to the
link line.

Ian