Installation Instructions / Problems with building gcc 4.2.1

Simon King king@mathematik.uni-jena.de
Tue Sep 25 17:40:00 GMT 2007

Dear gcc-help team,

thank you very much for your support! After installation of glibc with the
missing stubs-32.h, gcc built successfully, apparently allowing both -m32
and -m64.

One suggestion though:

When i'm installing software, i'm used to read README, but here it just
said that
  "The directory INSTALL contains copies of the installation information
   as HTML and plain text."
(which is not true!), and also points to gcc/doc/install.texi, but i don't
know what to do with a .texi-file (my lack of experience, i know...).

INSTALL/README is the next thing that i would read, but it mainly tells me
"This directory has been obsoleted for GCC snapshots and CVS access."

I would find it helpful to find the full installation instruction as plain
text in README or INSTALL/README or something called INSTALL.txt, together
with a link to http://gcc.gnu.org/install/

Yours sincerely
	Simon