differentiating between tree node and phi node

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Sep 17 02:22:00 GMT 2007

ranjith kumar <ranjit_kumar_b4u@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I know that SSA_NAME_DEF_STMT() funtion returns a
> pointer to a statement which defines the variable
> passed as an argument.
>
> I want to know whether the returned pointer to the
> statement is a pointer to an 'PHI node' or pointer to
> a 'tree node'.

For this kind of question, why don't you try it and find out?  The
source code and the compiler are right there.

SSA_NAME_DEF_STMT will always return a pointer to a tree node.  That
tree node will sometimes be a PHI_NODE, and will sometimes be a
MODIFY_EXPR.  There may be other possibilies; I'm not sure offhand.

> Is there any function/macro available to find it?

I don't understand this question.

Ian