help with including modified libc functions

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Sun Sep 16 04:45:00 GMT 2007

verbal wrote:

>  i modified some source codes in the libc and now i want to link my program
> with the modified files.

> is there any way to link the file i modified with my program without having
> to change my glibc?
> (basically i want to keep using all the functions in the glibc except of the
> malloc() and free() i have modified...)

This doesn't look like a gcc question; it probably depends on other
parts of your installation.  However, at least with static linking, you
should be able to link your own version, followed by allowing the linker
to search glibc.