C++ compiler cannot create executables

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Fri Sep 14 15:20:00 GMT 2007

IVAN ANGELOV wrote:
> [...]

The part about symlink surely wasn't in the installation instructions.
You don't want to set up a build in such a way that your original gcc
can be trashed.  Test your new compiler in a separate installation from
the original, or before installing.  Then, if you want to replace the
compiler in /usr/bin, reconfigure with -prefix=usr and install.