Help building GCC
Andrew Haley
aph-gcc@littlepinkcloud.COM
Thu Sep 13 16:30:00 GMT 2007
Maldonado-Salgado, Jose (Space Technology) writes:
>
>
> I'm using cygwin to try to build a cross compiler for powerpc 603.
>
> In this case I untar the gcc 4.1.1 in:
>
> /cygdrive/c/josesdata/gnu/gcc-4.1.1
>
> I followed steps in your configuration link by creating a directory
> objdirppc inside the gnu directory, same level as gcc-4.1.1.
>
> /cygdrive/c/josesdata/gnu/objdirppc
>
> I copy to that directory the Makefile.in file and from that directory I
> did the following step:
>
> /cygdrive/c/josesdata/gnu/gcc-4.1.1/configure --target=powerpc
> --program-suffix=ppc --enable-threads=vxworks --with-cpu=603
> --with-arch=603
>
> That step completed, and then I did a make.
>
> make is giving the following error:
>
> cd . && autoconf
> autoconf-2.61: no input file
> make: *** [configure] Error 1
>
>
> Any ideas, what my problem is?
It's to do with timestamps. If the file configure.ac has been
changed, gcc tries to regenerate the file configure. Have a look at
the timestamps on configure.ac and configure.
Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list