GCC 4.2.1 build issue on Solaris 5.9 ?

Gregoire Avot gregoire.avot@avertec.com
Mon Sep 24 16:48:00 GMT 2007


Hello,

I'm trying to buid gcc 4.2.1 on : (uname -a) SunOS denver 5.9 Generic 
sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

To build gcc, I have done the following steps :

cd /users6/chaos/greg
gtar xvzf gtar xvzf gcc-4.2.1.tar.gz
cd gcc-4.2.1
./configure --prefix=/users6/chaos/greg/usr

-> build directory is /users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1
-> install directory is /users6/chaos/greg/usr. This is a new empty 
directory

vim Makefile   -> change cd stage3-gcc; with cd $(BUILD_SUBDIR); in the 
compare: target (if not changed, build will faill latter)

then, I simply run :

make -j2 (this computer have 2 processor)

[ take many cofee ! ]

and the issue occurs on the following command  :

/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/host-sparc-sun-solaris2.9/gcc/xgcc 
-shared-libgcc 
-B/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/host-sparc-sun-solaris2.9/gcc -nostdinc++ 
-L/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/src 
-L/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
-B/users6/chaos/greg/usr/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/bin/
-B/users6/chaos/greg/usr/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/lib/
-isystem /users6/chaos/greg/usr/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/include
-isystem /users6/chaos/greg/usr/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sys-include
-Winvalid-pch -Wno-deprecated -x c++-header -g -O2 
-I/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/sparc-sun-solaris2.9 
-I/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include
-I/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++
-O2 -g
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/extc++.h
-o sparc-sun-solaris2.9/bits/extc++.h.gch/O2g.gch

There are 2 errors

In file included from 
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/standard_policies.hpp:51,
                  from 
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/assoc_container.hpp:52,
                  from 
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/extc++.h:59:
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/hash_policy.hpp:293:81: 
error: 
ext/pb_ds/detail/resize_policy/hash_load_check_resize_trigger_imp.hpp: 
Ce fichier ou ce répertoire n'existe pas (file not found)

In file included from 
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/rb_tree_map_/rb_tree_.hpp:54,
                  from 
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/container_base_dispatch.hpp:61,
                  from 
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/assoc_container.hpp:53,
                  from 
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/extc++.h:59:
/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/bin_search_tree_/bin_search_tree_.hpp:473:81: 
error: 
ext/pb_ds/detail/bin_search_tree_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp: 
Ce fichier ou ce répertoire n'existe pas (file not found)

in the hash_policy.hpp file, line 293 is :
#include 
<ext/pb_ds/detail/resize_policy/hash_load_check_resize_trigger_imp.hpp>

in the bin_search_tree_.hpp file, line 473 is :
#include 
<ext/pb_ds/detail/bin_search_tree_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp>

Theses files are located in many places in the build directory :
gregoire@denver:/users6/chaos/greg/gcc-4.2.1> find . -name 
constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binomial_heap_base_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/pat_trie_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binary_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/pairing_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/thin_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binomial_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/ov_tree_map_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/left_child_next_sibling_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/splay_tree_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/rc_binomial_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/rb_tree_map_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/pairing_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/splay_tree_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binomial_heap_base_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/bin_search_tree_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binomial_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/thin_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/pat_trie_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/rc_binomial_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/left_child_next_sibling_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binary_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/ov_tree_map_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/rb_tree_map_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/pairing_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/splay_tree_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binomial_heap_base_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/bin_search_tree_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binomial_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/thin_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/pat_trie_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/rc_binomial_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/left_child_next_sibling_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/binary_heap_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/ov_tree_map_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/rb_tree_map_/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp
./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/pb_ds/detail/constructors_destructor_fn_imps.hpp

I suppose the error is on the -isystem argument of xgcc : the directory 
/users6/chaos/greg/usr/ is empty at this time. Maybe this path is false ?

Thanks for your help
Grégoire AVOT (Paris, France)



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list