How can I get -std=c99 without definine __STRICT_ANSI__?

Rick Mann rmann@latencyzero.com
Thu Sep 20 20:20:00 GMT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 12:20 PM, John Love-Jensen wrote:

> If you want strict C99, use: -std=c99
>
> If you want C99 plus GNU extensions, use: -std:gnu99 (which is the
> default
> for C code, if not specified)
>
> What you can't do concurrently is have both "I only want strict C99
> language
> features without extensions (-std:c99)" and "I want GNU extensions
> to C99
> (-std:gnu99)".
>
> That'd be like having tea and no tea.  You'd be one hoopy frood.

Well, ideally I'd get C99 only for language features, but not for
libraries. I really like snprintf() (don't know why that's not a
standard, btw).

If I do gnu99, am I still going to get __STRICT_ANSI__? If so, that
doesn't work.

--
RIck