gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Fri Sep 14 15:58:00 GMT 2007
"Ernest L. Williams Jr." <ernesto@ornl.gov> writes:
> I looked through the gcc-help archives and was able to locate the
> problem that I am having:
>
> I would like to relocate a gcc installation to another directory on
> another computer but I get the famous:
> ==========================================================================
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
> ==========================================================================
Usually this just works, assuming you move the entire installed tree
as a unit without rearranging subdirectories. There was a time that
it didn't work, but you neglected to mention which version of gcc you
are using, so I don't know whether it is an old one.
For cases where it doesn't work, you can use the -B option, or the
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX or COMPILER_PATH environment variables. See the
friendly manual.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list