Convert VisualC++ template to gcc

efgee efgee2003@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 18:35:00 GMT 2007

Hello,
trying to get some code converted from Visual C++ 6 to gcc.
I've got pretty far, but as a C++ newbie I'm little bit lost with templates.

It would be very nice if somebody could help me to get this working (with
explanation please so I can learn).
A possibility would also be to convert this template to a normal function
(if it would help to get this working)

Here is the template (table.h):
#ifndef _TABLE_H
#define _TABLE_H

#include <string>
#include <vector>

using namespace std;

template <class T>
class table: public vector<T>
{
public:
	T operator[] (const string& key);
};

template <class T>
T table<T>::operator[] (const string& key)
{
	for (reverse_iterator i = rbegin(); i != rend(); i++)
		if (*i)
			if ((*i)->name ^ key)
				return (T)((**i)());
	throw out_of_range("no elements matching key");
}

#endif

Thanks in advance
efgee