ISO C90 checking but ignoring 64-bit printf/scanf warnings

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Sat Nov 10 10:29:00 GMT 2007


John Love-Jensen wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
> 
> Can you move from C90 to C99 (ISO 9899:1999)?
> 
> That way you could rely on #include <stdint.h> (the abridged int type
> header) and the #include <inttypes.h> (the header with everything, including
> the printf/scanf support), and stop hard-coding with "%lu" and "%llu".
> 
> Your own home-grown FMT_blah mimics some of the <inttypes.h> PRIblah and
> SCNfblah facilities.

I'll see if I can move over to that, need to check other platforms if
they support that or not. Though it looks like a sane thing to do.

> Does -Wno-long-long suppress some (or any?) of the bothersome warnings?

8<------------------------
-Wlong-long
 Warn if long long type is used.  This is default.  To inhibit the
 warning messages, use -Wno-long-long.  Flags -Wlong-long and
-Wno-long-long are taken into account only when -pedantic flag is used.
--------------------------->8

Grmbl! So why didn't I see that option before :)

Thank you very much, that is exactly the one I was looking for!

Greets,
 Jeroen


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 311 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20071110/b8cdab83/attachment-0001.sig>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list