reduce compilation times?
Andrew Haley
aph@redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 14:07:00 GMT 2007
mahmoodn writes:
>
> I mean (I think):
> "Allow N jobs at once" != "reduce compile time"
Like I said, this works for me, and for many others too.
> I did this to see the effect of "make -j":
>
> ]# rm *.o
> ]# make
> ....( 10 minute )
>
> then I edit one of my files (only one statement), and then:
> ]# make -j
> ...( still 10 minute )
Perhaps you should have explained your problem better. There's
nothing we can do to make a single compilation of a single file go
faster. However, that's not the usual problem.
I wonder why your compilation is taking so long. It might be a bug in
gcc. Perhaps we could look at a test case.
Andrew.
--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list