Scheduling and inserting NOPs

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 17:39:00 GMT 2007


Boris Boesler writes:
 > Am 21.11.2007 um 18:07 schrieb Andrew Haley:
 > 
 > > Is there some special reason you can't do this in machine dependent
 > > reorg?  That seems like the obvious place.  Just walk every basic
 > > block stuffing NOPs.
 > 
 >   The problem isn't where, it's how. The insn-list after scheduling  
 > doesn't provide any information about cycles or delays, does it? How  
 > do I find out before which insn I have to insert a NOP, if the  
 > scheduler doesn't pass any info to me?

Walk the instructions in each BB, and if you see a violation stuff a NOP.

This is so simple that I'm wondering if there's something important
that I'm failing to understand.

Andrew.

-- 
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list