Newbie question
Artūras Moskvinas
arturas.moskvinas@gmail.com
Fri May 25 21:12:00 GMT 2007
Takatsugu Kobayashi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I migrated from windows to Fedora6 linux a few months ago, and am still
> learning to make the best out of this fantastic OS....
>
> I just installed GSL for my statistical research, but I installed it on
> a different folder than the one I wa supposed to. I should have
> installed /usr/include directory rather than /usr/local/include. So I
> should specify the path to this usr/local/inlcude/gsl everytime I run
> C/C++.
>
> This is very simple newbie question, but how to specify the path in the
> process of ./configure, make, make install etc? I could just copy and
> paste all the files in the gsl directory in /usr/local/include to
> /usr/include by the chmod command....
>
Hi,
Very often (almost always) you can specify --prefix
./configure --prefix=/usr/
And all files will be written to /usr/include /usr/lib and etc, not
under /usr/local/
However there is a gsl package in FC6 repository try "yum install gsl"
and "yum install gsl-devel".
Arturas M.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list