Cross Compile Gcc

none none menwn@yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 12 15:59:00 GMT 2007

It went away by typing make all-gcc install-gcc

Thanks.

One finally note though. My target system is a powerpc running linux-2.2. So in order to build glibc I got the kernel from kernels.org and unpacked it. Then I configure with the command:

configure --prefix=/home/idipous/powerpc/ --target=powerpc-linux --host=powerpc-linux --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads --with-headers=/home/idipous/powerpc/linux/include/asm-ppc --with-binutils=/home/idipous/powerpc/bin/home/idipous/Desktop/linux/include/linux

--with-headers=/home/idipous/powerpc/linux/include/asm-ppc is where I have copied the kernel file after the untar. I get the error message:

configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later.  This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header
files.  To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers.

What I am doing wrong? is that the correct header files? Should I do something more or else than just copy them and point the configure script to them?
I tried googling but I did not make any sense.

Thanks again
andreas