FW: Re: FW: C++ PHP Extension Segfaults Under Apache.

Bruce Bailey bruce1828@hotmail.com
Thu May 10 23:00:00 GMT 2007


Darryl, thanks for the reply.

Probably not since the original httpd that I replaced was built as 'pure' C 
-- no C++ libraries linked in.  I was wondering if there might be a problem 
with the loader not running init code if it believed that the std::string or 
other libraries had already been initialized.  If that makes sense.  After 
all, the way that these libraries are being loaded is a bit weird (dlopen, 
dlopen).

Bruce


>From: Darryl Miles <darryl-mailinglists@netbauds.net>
>To: Bruce Bailey <bruce1828@hotmail.com>
>CC: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>Subject: Re: FW: C++ PHP Extension Segfaults Under Apache.
>Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:00:41 +0100
>
>Bruce Bailey wrote:
>>It appears that if I link my top level "C" program (httpd, 'apache' in 
>>this case) with g++, my problem disappears.  I suspect that this MIGHT be 
>>a problem with the gcc compiler.  Has anyone heard of this pattern before?
>
>Anything to do with GCC3 and GCC4, stdc++ libraries ?
>
>
>Run "ldd httpd" and "ldd all_my_dsos.so" and compare for same version of 
>C++ libraries.
>
>Darryl

_________________________________________________________________
PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows 
Live Hotmail. 
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list