where can I get gcc optimizations information

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Thu Mar 8 11:22:00 GMT 2007


Juan Castillo wrote:

> And another question: would be possible to get a benchmark or similar for 
> compiler optimizations? That is, some set of programs that estimate the save 
> that a compiler can achieve. I know it depends on the algotihms compiled, 
> employed architecture and more (please, don't remember me that...). I just 
> need an estimation. That would be great for my work.

You could try asking Scott Robert Ladd: he was developing a benchmark suite for his own acovea work (genetic search for optimal optimization settings):

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-08/msg00664.html

He did post an old version for download but I can't find the link now.

Rup.



______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list