Cross compiler build
Rupert Wood
me@rupey.net
Mon Mar 5 09:47:00 GMT 2007
arpit jain wrote:
> I have build gcc-3.x cross compiler (for ADA language) for some
> embedded target.But it is asking for some runtime library files when
> running the binary.
>
> I think it needs some target specific files.I have not build newlib
> package as I think it is runtime library for C language only.
The C runtime library is usually the interface to the OS kernel: in general all code will expect a C runtime library is available. I think you will need to build newlib or some other C library and I think the Ada runtime does contain some C code.
As an aside you could look into RTEMS: it's an OS for embedded systems with good Ada support.
http://www.rtems.com/
There are sketch build instructions for RTEMS and Ada here:
http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMSAda
Rup.
______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
______________________________________________________________________
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list