need help: gcc rtl function calls

Quan H. Nguyen quanhn@cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Thu Mar 29 05:55:00 GMT 2007

Dear gcc,

I am currently a PhD student at CSE, UNSW, Australia.

I am looking a way to output the memory address of an insn (rtx), in the
format="%lu".

At the moment, I know how to get the memory address like:
find_mem_reference( insn, &mem, write);
address= XEXP (mem, 0);
Also I know that I need to place some rtl codes like:
start_sequence();
end_sequence();

But I could not find any hints to create a function call to place into the
dots. Even with a simple call to the builtin printf e.g.
expand_builtin_printf().
Don't know how to create argument list, formating, and function call.

I am looking around on the internet, gcc documentation, mailing list ...
for a month, but could not solve this.

Look forward to your advice.
Many thanks.

Regards,