wrong GCC-configuration? (./specs: Is a directory)

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Mar 23 20:46:00 GMT 2007

> Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> >
> >> What I figured out: My problem is that my GCC reads the specs from the
> >> current directory (if available).
> > This is not normal behaviour.  There is something odd about your GCC.
> > Or you've done something like set the environment variable
> > GCC_EXEC_PREFIX to ".".
>
> I've already checked all environment variables. There is only
> $GCC_SPECS and it's empty. But this variable (if empty) has no effect
> to GCC's behavior.

GCC_SPECS does nothing with standard gcc.

> And yes, I'm also sure that it's not the normal behavior. But I've no
> idea which parameters to change.

I think you must be using patched source code.  I have no other way of
explaining what you are seeing.  Well, maybe you configured gcc with
"--prefix=." but that would probably cause other problems.

Ian