_bit_scan_forward

Feike Boomstra f.p.boomstra@gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:51:00 GMT 2007


Sorry Ian,

it is not the right answer.
This function is in the libstc++ library, so I supposed I just could use it.
I found the library on my system.



21 Mar 2007 07:29:43 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>:
> "Feike Boomstra" <f.p.boomstra@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am new to Linux, I am using Kubuntu (AMD64) with KDevelop. I try to
> > migrate a VC++ project to Linux. I am having problems with the
> > built-in function _Bit_scan_forward.
> >
> > 1) I can't find a headerfile defining this function.
> > 2) If I define it myself, I get a link error: unresolved reference
>
> If that function does what I think it does, then the Unix equivalent
> would be ffs.
>
> If that is the right answer, then this is not a gcc question, it is a
> Windows to Unix porting question.  This is probably not the best
> mailing list to ask such questions, as we are unlikely to know the
> answer.
>
> Ian
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list