Compiling gfortran

Albion Baucom baucom@msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 8 05:37:00 GMT 2007


Can anyone suggest how I can get gfortran to compile as part of gcc  
4.1.2?

I am trying to compile on a 64-bit Xeon based dual processor system  
running CentOS 4.4 running kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp x86_64.  
My gcc configuration options are

./configure --prefix=/home2/baucom/Applications/gcc --enable- 
languages=c,c++,fortran --with-mpfr=/home2/baucom/Applications/mpfr -- 
with-gmp=/home2/baucom/Applications/gmp

I am experiencing a problem with a certain "kinds.h" file. The error  
message is pasted below. I have done web searches on this and come  
across suggestions, none of which worked. Specifically I have made  
certain that gmp is specified at the command line when I configure,  
along with mpfr and set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the libraries,  
and even tried compiling gmp for 32-bit with the config option ABI=32.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Albion

make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/home2/baucom/src/gcc-4.1.2/x86_64- 
unknown-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
/bin/sh ../.././libgfortran/mk-kinds-h.sh '/home2/baucom/src/ 
gcc-4.1.2/host-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc/gfortran -B/home2/baucom/ 
src/gcc-4.1.2/host-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc/ -B/home2/baucom/ 
Applications/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/home2/baucom/ 
Applications/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem /home2/baucom/ 
Applications/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include -isystem /home2/ 
baucom/Applications/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include -I . - 
Wall -fno-repack-arrays -fno-underscoring ' > kinds.h || rm kinds.h
../.././libgfortran/mk-kinds-h.sh: Unknown type
grep '^#' < kinds.h > kinds.inc
/bin/sh: kinds.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [kinds.inc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/home2/baucom/src/gcc-4.1.2/x86_64- 
unknown-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libgfortran] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/home2/baucom/src/gcc-4.1.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list