Folding built-in functions

ranjith kumar ranjit_kumar_b4u@yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 19:35:00 GMT 2007

Gcc manuals says all builtin functions are folded in
tree optimization passe(given below) that are run
after gimplification
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Tree_002dSSA-passes.html#Tree_002dSSA-passes

>Folding built-in functions

>This pass simplifies built-in functions, as
applicable, >with constant arguments or with
inferrable string >lengths. It is located in
tree-ssa-ccp.c and is >described by
pass_fold_builtins.

1)I find _builtin* functions in mmintrin.h,
xmmintrin.h and emmintrin.h........
I think 'Folding built-in functions' is the pass that
replaces _builtin functions when a program is
compiled. Am I right?