Using new gcc/glibc on an older system
Daniel Qarras
dqarras@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 23:10:00 GMT 2007
Hi!
> this might be a FAQ but I didn't find anything yet, so:
>
> On an older system it is rather trivial to install latest
> binutils/gcc/gdb and then use them during development: just configure
> them with --prefix=/some/path and add /some/path/bin in front of your
> PATH (with GCC I'm also using LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to .o
> files/libgcc.so). All those seem to work. However, when glibc comes
> into play, nothing seems to be trivial anymore. There are two things
> I'd like to do:
>
> 1) compile programs against a new glibc and then run those binaries
> that require the new libc.
>
> 2) run any given existing program against the new glibc seems hairy:
It turned out that I was using a bad snapshot, latest CVS versions
works in both cases when running old or new programs with the new
ld-linux.so.2 --library-path ...
Cheers!
____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for earth-friendly autos?
Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos' Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list