RETRACTED: Precompiled headers making for some odd trouble...

michael.a wild.eyed.boy.from.freecloud@gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:20:00 GMT 2007

Apparently this bizarre behavior is unrelated to precompiled headers
altogether (Which seem to be working fine)

Instead this appears to be occuring exclusively in source files located in
the make directory, and was not occuring the last time I logged in. I'm
completely scratching my head dumbfounded for the time being, but in any
case, this thread is caput. My apologies to everyone (I only hope there is a
logical root to this behavior)

Original Query=================

I've compiled the precompiled header, and the compiler is using it. But it
appears that when it is included, some or none of its symbols are declared.
The symbols the compiler says it can't find are in the binary precompiled
header. I only took -M options out when compiling the pch as they seemed
irrelevant.

I'm using autotools, so gleaming  the appropriate options to pass was not
entirely transparent (if anyone has any autotools suggestions for pch's I'd
appreciate it btw)

I must currently make the pch manually (I included it as well in the
program_DEPENDENCIES variable, but I don't see any output regarding it when
making the entire program -- would be nice if there was a way to tell
automake to include a dependent target in all source targets)

In any case, I've no idea why the pch doesn't look like the header itself
when compiling. The first errors I see say that some typedefs which are
inside the pch include file are absent.