gcc 4.2.0 compilation failing on x86_64 machine

Ryan Propper cardinalfan@gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:15:00 GMT 2007


Hello,

I'm trying to do the "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" build of gcc and g++
4.2.0.  The machine I'm working on is an Intel Pentium D, which
apparently supports both 32 and 64 bit architectures.  Although the
configuration succeeds, about halfway through the build step I get
this:

/tmp/foo/objdir/./gcc/xgcc -B/tmp/foo/objdir/./gcc/  -O2 -O2 -g -O2
-DIN_GCC    -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition  -isystem ./include  -I.
-I32 -I../../gcc-4.2.0 /gcc -I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/32
-I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/../include
-I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/../libcpp/include
-I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/../libdecnumber -I../libdecnumber -m32 -g0
-finhibit-size-directive -fno-inline-functions -fno-exceptions
-fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -fno-toplevel-reorder
-fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -fPIC \
  -c ../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/crtstuff.c -DCRT_BEGIN -DCRTSTUFFS_O -o 32/crtbeginS.o
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:342,
                 from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
                 from ../../gcc- 4.2.0/gcc/tsystem.h:90,
                 from ../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/crtstuff.c:68:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

In /usr/include/gnu there is a stubs-64.h and a stubs.h, but no
stubs-32.h.  Is there some flag that I need to be passing at the
configuration or make step to make it see stubs-64 instead?

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Ryan



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list