installed, compiled, how to link?

hill0093 hill0093@umn.edu
Sun Jul 1 18:53:00 GMT 2007


Thanks, you are all so nice; ./a.out worked.  
Windows looks in local directory first.
Linux is unexpectedly different from windows.
It's tempting to say unexpectedly dumb,
but unix looked in local directory first 30 years ago,
so I suppose there is good reason to have changed it.
How do I deal with paths?

On a slightly more complicated program that uses imports,
I get the following when I compile and run:
gcj --main=LandsBug LandsBug.java
./a.out
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
   at java.awt.image.ColorModel.createCompatibleSampleModel(libgcj.so.70)
   at java.awt.image.ColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(libgcj.so.70)
   at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(libgcj.so.70)
   at LandsBug.main2(a.out)
   at LandsBug.main(a.out)

And I can't figure out what to do.


David Daney wrote:
> 
> Your current directory is probably not in your path.
> Do:  ./a.out
> That should work better.
> David Daney
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/installed%2C-compiled%2C-how-to-link--tf4006142.html#a11384524
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list