-Wunused don't warn for exit

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Jan 31 15:30:00 GMT 2007

Gabriel Linder <linder@jeuxvideo.com> writes:

> I have a strange behaviour I can't explain with GCC (3.2.2),

3.2.2 is pretty old.  The current version is 4.1.1.

> When compiled with gcc -Wunused -Wunreachable-code exit.c I get these
> warnings :
> exit.c: In function `main':
> exit.c:6: warning: statement with no effect
> exit.c:7: warning: statement with no effect

I get these warnings with current gcc:

foo5.c: In function ‘main’:
foo5.c:6: warning: statement with no effect
foo5.c:7: warning: statement with no effect
foo5.c:8: warning: statement with no effect
foo5.c:10: warning: will never be executed

which looks OK to me.

gcc 3.2.2 is no longer supported, so the bug will not be fixed in that
old release.

Ian