Compilation error in gcc
Deepak Barua
dbbarua@gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 05:37:00 GMT 2007
Hi Pramod,
But i didnt use make menuconfig i used
../gcc-4.0.3/configure --prefix=/usr \
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-shared \
--enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit \
--enable-clocale=gnu --enable-languages=c,c++
then i used just make without any options
as specified in the linux from scratch and i am not cross compiling i
am developing a lfs system for my x86 processor which is basically a
AMD athlon 32 bit.
Regards
Deepak
On 1/16/07, Pramod P K <pra.engr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> According to my knowledge your 'make menuconfig' might went wrong... I mean,
> select appropriate packages there.
>
> In case of cross-compilation, possibly the use of host system files in the
> target toolchain.... It happened to me when I was building the toolchain for
> ARM with x86 host system.
>
> --pramod p k
>
>
>
> On 1/16/07, Deepak Barua <dbbarua@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Here is the detailed error message
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > /sources/gcc-build-3/gcc/xgcc -B/sources/gcc-build-3/gcc/
> > -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
> > /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -isystem
> > /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include -O2 -DIN_GCC -W
> -Wall
> > -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> > -Wold-style-definition -isystem ./include -I. -I.
> > -I../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc -I../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/.
> > -I../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/../include
> > -I../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/../libcpp/include -g0 -finhibit-size-directive
> > -fno-inline-functions -fno-exceptions -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss
> > -fno-unit-at-a-time -fno-omit-frame-pointer \
> > -c ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/crtstuff.c -DCRT_BEGIN \
> > -o crtbegin.o
> > In file included from ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/crtstuff.c:64:
> > ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/tsystem.h:90:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or
> directory
> > ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/tsystem.h:93:23: error: sys/types.h: No such file
> > or directory
> > ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/tsystem.h:96:19: error: errno.h: No such file or
> directory
> > ../../gcc-4.0.3 /gcc/tsystem.h:103:20: error: string.h: No such file or
> directory
> > ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/tsystem.h:104:20: error: stdlib.h: No such file or
> directory
> > ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/tsystem.h:105:20: error: unistd.h: No such file or
> directory
> > In file included from
> /sources/gcc-build-3/gcc/include/syslimits.h:7,
> > from
> /sources/gcc-build-3/gcc/include/limits.h:11,
> > from ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/tsystem.h:108,
> > from ../../gcc- 4.0.3/gcc/crtstuff.c:64:
> > /sources/gcc-build-3/gcc/include/limits.h:122:61: error:
> limits.h: No
> > such file or directory
> > In file included from ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/crtstuff.c:64:
> > ../../gcc-4.0.3/gcc/tsystem.h:111:18: error: time.h: No such file or
> directory
> > make[1]: *** [crtbegin.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/gcc-build-3/gcc'
> > make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
> > root:/sources/gcc-build-3#
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Regards
> > Deepak
> >
> >
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: Deepak Barua <dbbarua@gmail.com>
> > Date: Jan 16, 2007 8:58 AM
> > Subject: Compilation error in gcc
> > To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> >
> >
> > Hi ,
> > I am building a LFS system for my learning and i have getting a
> > lot of errors in building the final gcc with the permanent glibc
> > installed like section 6.12.1 in the LFS
> > and it says there are a lot of files missing like time.h etc...
> >
> > What do i do ... is there some patch i am using gcc-4.0.3
> >
> > Regards
> > Deepak
> >
> > --
> > Code Code Code Away
> >
> >
> > --
> > Code Code Code Away
> >
>
>
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> PRAMOD P. K.,
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
--
Code Code Code Away
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list