best practices on gcc building host tool for cross arch

Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
Mon Jan 15 18:32:00 GMT 2007

T Michael Turney wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> Thanks for the suggestion, which I had considered and tried already.
> The problem is that while I can directly include the top-level file,
> say elfcore.h, the files it includes will come from the host kernel
> and not the target kernel.

Take a look at the -nostdinc and -isystem options.

> Certainly one of the approaches I can take is to maintain a second
> copy of the target kernel header files that I need access to for this
> tool, and make sure they include from the target area.

Your target headers need to be somewhere accessible to the compiler.
There's no magic way that the compiler will know what they contain.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077